What is it about plumbers? As providers of one of the most important household services going, you’d think they would be on every homeowner’s speed dial. And yet time and again, property owners would rather mess around themselves with the dirty job of fixing drains, pipes and toilets using DIY YouTube videos and guesswork as a guide than call a professional plumber.
There are many reasons why plumbing should be left to professionals like the experts at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of New Orleans, LA. Bluefrog plumbers are masters at the art of clearing drains, repairing pipes, fixing gas and water leaks, and so much more. Here are ten of the top reasons why calling a professional makes more sense than trying to fix a plumbing problem yourself:
1. Training and skill. Most professionals, including those working for bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of New Orleans, have trained extensively, apprenticed and continue to upgrade their skills. The kind of knowledge this provides is invaluable. And when it’s combined with years of on the job experience, home owners can trust they are in good hands.
2. They have the right tools to get the job done quickly, safely and thoroughly. Hiring a professional gives you access to their tools of trade. In plumbing these are becoming increasingly sophisticated. From the classic plumber‘s “snake” for clearing drains to multiple sized specialty plumbing wrenches to high tech video cameras for examining pipes and connections, the modern-day plumber‘s toolkit is worth its weight in gold. It doesn’t hurt that the professional carrying it likely knows exactly how to use it. Which is not the case with DIY warriors trying out a new gadget or tool.
3. They can handle serious emergencies. Some plumbing issues have more dire consequences than others. Serious problems such as a burst pipe, municipal sewer collapse, sewer backflow, or flooding due to extreme weather can become serious public or personal health issues. A professional plumber can recognize a potentially hazardous situation and mobilize a network of colleagues and other trades people to get things under control. In the case of an extreme weather event that may cause major damage, having a regular relationship with a plumbing service that’s in your corner can make all the difference.
4. They can head off small problems before they become big ones. DIY-ers tend to narrow focus on problems in the hopes of making them go away as quickly as possible. Professional plumbers keep the bigger picture in mind, spotting potential problems down the pipeline and heading them off. This can help homeowners prevent big expensive plumbing issues from developing in the first place.
5. The personal safety of you and your family won’t be at risk. Working with water and gas is always potentially hazardous, especially in conjunction with the electrical systems around the home. And working with sewage is a straight-up health risk. In addition, anything that causes structural damage to a dwelling has the potential to trigger a real disaster. Why take risks with loved ones? Call in a pro.
6. Cost saving in the long run. We’ve all mcgyverred a repair around the house rather than getting professional help, hoping the fix will stick and save us a few bucks. All too often, this strategy backfires with a bigger mess and more damage that needs to be set right. And that usually costs more money than if a skilled trades-person had handled the problem when it first cropped up. The lesson? When it comes to plumbing, penny-wise can be pound-foolish.
7. Customer care is ongoing. When you call a reputable plumbing service, customer service begins with the dispatcher. And it doesn’t really end until your plumbing issue is happily resolved. Customer care ensures that the urgency and extent of your problem is appropriately addressed, and that all work is done completely, effectively and at the best possible price. Anyone who has dealt with fly by night trades or unskilled contractors will appreciate just how important excellent customer care can be.
8. Professional plumbing services can help with insurance and certification concerns. For example, sewer and water systems that connect to community infrastructure may require certificates of repair or compliance (as is the case with backflow devices that keep municipal drinking water supplies safe from a problem that emanates from an individual home). And insurance claims often come into play when it comes to flooding or water damage of any kind. Working with a reputable plumbing services can make getting the requisite documentation together so much easier that trying to do it yourself.
9. Advice on maintenance. A master plumbing professional doesn’t just fix the immediate plumbing problem when they go out on a call. They tend to use every opportunity to share knowledge and educate customers on the proper care and maintenance of household systems. They can suggest tips for effective upkeep of pipes and fixtures, and, better yet, you can schedule their return for regular inspection and maintenance of certain key systems such as drains, water treatment devices and pumps.
10. They offer a broad range of services. For example, the professional plumbing services offered by bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of New Orleans include specialties such as gas leak detection and installing new bathroom fixtures, septic tank issues and emergency sump pump repair and installation. Surprised? Most household systems connect at some point or other – an experienced plumber will be familiar with how they are integrated and inter-dependent. And this can be really useful in a crisis.
If you are a property owner in the greater New Orleans, LA area and are experiencing issues with any part of the plumbing infrastructure of your home or business, give the pros at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of New Orleans, LA a call ASAP. Their plumbers are standing by 24/7 to tackle emergencies, as well as any other plumbing problem or question.