If you’re like most homeowners in Timberlane, LA, your air conditioning system is one of your home’s most essential equipment. It keeps the house cool and comfortable during the hot summer months. If it breaks down, you’ll need to find a reliable air conditioning repair service as soon as possible. Here, we’ll answer the frequently asked questions about air conditioning repair services.
1. What Are the Signs That I Need AC Repair Services?
Here are some unavoidable signs you need air conditioning repair services.
*If energy bills have been rising even though you haven’t changed habits, it could be a sign your air conditioner is working overtime and needs repair.
*If strange noises come from your AC unit, it’s time to call for repairs.
*If your home isn’t cooling off as much as it used to, or if some rooms are hotter than others, uneven cooling is another sign that your AC unit needs attention.
*If the AC unit is more than 15 years old, it might be time for a replacement rather than repairs.
Don’t hesitate to call for expert help if you notice these signs. The sooner you address the problem, the better!
2. What Are the Benefits of Regular Air Conditioning Maintenance?
There are many benefits of regular air conditioning maintenance, including:
1) Improved efficiency: Regularly maintained air conditioners run more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bills.
2)Extended equipment life: Properly maintained air conditioners last longer than those not regularly serviced.
3) Fewer repairs: Addressing minor issues before they become big problems helps you avoid costly repairs down the road. For example, a dirty air filter can lead to reduced Airflow and decreased efficiency.
4) Lower energy bills: Maintained air conditioners run more efficiently, resulting in lower energy bills.
5) Longer lifespan: When properly maintaining your air conditioner, it will last longer – sometimes up to twice as long as an unmaintained unit.
6) Better indoor air quality: The air quality in your home will improve as the air conditioner pulls dust and other allergens out of the air.
3. What Are the Most Common Causes of Air Conditioning System Breakdowns?
1. Dirty Filters
The air filters in your AC system can get clogged with dirt and dust, which can restrict airflow and cause the unit to work harder than it needs to. It can lead to higher energy bills and decreased efficiency. To avoid this, check your air filters regularly by calling air conditioning repair services.
2. Clogged Condensate Drain
The condensate drain is a small pipe that carries water away from your air conditioner. If this pipe becomes clogged, it can cause water to back into your air conditioner, leading to problems with your unit.
If you notice water around an air conditioner or your unit is not cooling correctly, it may be a sign that your condensate drain is blocked.
3. Frozen Coils
Evaporator coils and condenser coils can freeze in highly humid or cold conditions. If your home isn’t adequately humidified, this problem can occur. You’ll know it’s an issue with the coils if your air conditioner is short-cycling, which means it’s constantly turning on and off without adequately cooling your home.
4. Blocked Airflow
It happens when the return vents or the supply registers get blocked. As a result, your AC has to work harder to circulate the cool air, leading to higher energy bills and decreased efficiency. To prevent this, ensure no furniture or objects are blocking the vents. Expert air conditioning repair services will help you.
5. Improper Refrigerant Charge
Refrigerants are what make your air conditioner cool your home. They work by circulating through your system and absorbing heat from the indoor air, which is then released outdoors. If your system lacks enough refrigerant, it can’t absorb enough heat to cool your home correctly. It can be caused by a leak or by the refrigerant evaporating over time.
6. Malfunctioning Compressor
The compressor is the primary component of the AC system, so if it isn’t working, neither is your AC. Compressor problems are usually caused by a loss of refrigerant in the system. If your compressor isn’t working, an air conditioning repair company needs to diagnose the problem and then give you an estimate for repairs.
7. Leaky Ducts or Vents
The vents may be loose, or the ductwork may have holes. It can cause your system to work harder and waste energy.
8. Faulty Thermostat
The thermostat is vital for turning the AC on and off, so your AC unit won’t run efficiently if it’s not working correctly. You may have to replace the thermostat or have it recalibrated by a professional.
4. Why Should You Call Experts for AC Repair Services?
There are a few reasons that it’s always best to call experts for air conditioning repair services in Timberlane, LA.
1) Safety – Electrical work can be dangerous, and AC units contain many electrical components. Amateur repairs could lead to severe injury or even death;
- b) Warranty – most manufacturers void the warranty if the unit is repaired by anyone other than a certified technician;
- c) Liability – if something goes wrong during an amateur repair, the home or business owner could be held liable;
- d) Experience – certified technicians have the proper training and experience to repair AC units. They know how the system works and what to look for when something isn’t working right.
- e) Permits and Inspections – most localities require permits and inspections for AC repairs. It is to ensure that the repair meets all building code requirements.
So, there are a few good reasons to call experts for AC repair services. It’s advisable to play it safe and leave repairs to the air conditioning repair and replacement professionals.
Call bluefrog Home Services of New Orleans for Expert AC Repairs
bluefrog Home Services of New Orleans provides professional air conditioning repair and installation services to Timberlane, LA, and the surrounding areas. Our team of trained and certified technicians is available 24/seven to help you with all issues you may have with your air conditioner.