Top 5 Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Service | New Orleans, LA
It’s your responsibility as a homeowner to maintain the health and functionality of your home’s plumbing system. You’ll rarely experience issues with your plumbing with cleaner and healthier drains; however, when a problem does arise, it’s often best to seek professional help. A drain cleaning service can help restore your plumbing system to proper working order. This guide will talk about the causes of clogged drains and common signs your plumbing needs cleaning. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact a licensed plumbing service in New Orleans, LA.
If you suspect you have a drain problem, the best course of action is to call an experienced and licensed plumbing technician. At bluefrog Home Services of New Orleans, our team of professionals is highly trained and experienced in providing quality drain cleaning services. We have decades of experience dealing with different plumbing issues, and we know what it takes to fix yours. Our services are available 24/7 for emergency drain cleaning, drain maintenance, sewer repair, and much more.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains in Your House or Business
- Fats, Oils, and Grease: Commonly referred to as FOG, you should always keep these items off your drain. After they cool off, they solidify and form a clog.
- Food Scraps: When food waste accumulates in your drains, it can cause a significant blockage.
- Hair: It’s a common cause of clogged drains, particularly in the bathroom. It can accumulate in the pipe and create a blockage.
- Soap scum: Soap scum can build up over time and cause clogs, especially in shower drains.
- Foreign Objects: Small items such as toys, jewelry, or coins can easily get stuck in the drain and cause a clog.
- Tree Roots: Although less common, tree roots can penetrate drains and block water flow. Call a drain cleaning service to take care of this problem.
- The buildup of minerals: Over time, minerals can accumulate in the pipes and cause a blockage, particularly in older homes with galvanized steel or cast iron pipes.
- Poor installation: Improperly installed pipes can create points of weakness that can become clogged with time.
- Wipes and diapers: Items such as wipes, paper towels, and diapers do not break down like toilet paper. When flushed, they can accumulate in the pipes and cause clogs.
Indicators You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
You can’t just wake up to a clogged drain; there are usually warning signs that something is wrong. Here are 5 indicators that you need to schedule a professional drain cleaning service:
Multiple slow drains in your property
One slow drain may not be a big deal, but if the sinks and tubs in your kitchen and bathroom take longer than usual to empty, you may have a clog due to buildups in the main sewer line. Even if they’re functioning somewhat, you should still have them professionally cleaned before the slow drain escalates into a bigger problem. A professional drain cleaning service has the tools to identify and clear the clog quickly and provide the appropriate repairs.
Recurring clogs or backups
Last week you had a clogged kitchen sink, you took care of it, and yet this week, you have a slow-draining shower. If the same drain or several drains in your property are frequently getting clogged, it’s a sign of a severe blockage in your main sewer line that DIY measures won’t resolve.
Clogs normally occur because too much waste has accumulated in your sewage line, making it hard for the wastewater to go through. A main sewer line clog could cause backup and flooding on your property. Calling a professional drain cleaning service will ensure that the gunk is removed safely and your sewer line is functioning correctly.
Babbling sounds from your drains
Your drains should operate relatively quietly, except for the sound of water running through them. However, if you hear bubbling or gurgling sounds when you flush the toilet or turn on the sink, it indicates that air is trapped in the pipes. This problem is often caused by a blockage or an obstruction in the main line, which forms air bubbles that can’t go through the pipes and into the nearest vent.
A certified drain cleaning service near you can inspect your drains and clear the waste inside them. They’d also be able to assess if there’s a clog in the air vents that are supposed to help sewer gas out of the sewage system.
Low water pressure
Low water pressure in your shower, sink, or toilet is one of the subtle signs that your drains need a thorough cleaning. Leaks in the plumbing system or an obstruction in the main sewer line typically causes this problem. An expert drain cleaning service can also inspect your plumbing for other issues that could cause low water pressure, such as leaks and broken pipes.
Mysterious foul smell from your drains
Another common sign of a clogged drain is a sewer smell permeating through the house, especially near the kitchen, bathroom, and basement, where drains are located. You might smell a musty odor from the drains because of the following:
- A blocked sewer or drain lines: Awful smells from your drains could result from rotten food, hair strands, or oil and fat stuck in the kitchen sink or tub.
- A dry P-trap: A P-trap is a curved pipe at the base of your sink or tub filled with water to prevent sewer gas from entering your New Orleans, LA home. If it runs dry, the smell can enter your home.
- An increase in water pressure: The buildup of pressure in your sewer system can result in odors due to faulty seals or joints that allow sewer gas to escape.
Reputable drain cleaning services rely on specialized tools to scour away the gunk in your drain lines and get them up in no time.
If you live in New Orleans, LA, and have noticed problems with your plumbing, contact bluefrog Home Services of New Orleans today to schedule a professional drain cleaning or any other plumbing services!