You know the importance of a clean, well-functioning home if you are a homeowner in New Orleans, LA. It is crucial to keep your drains clear and free from debris. Regularly cleaning your home’s drains will go a long way towards preventing clogs, unpleasant smells, but it is not something you can do by yourself. It requires a plumber’s expertise. Here are a few benefits of booking a professional drain cleaning service:
Reason #1: Improved drainage system functionality
The drainage of your toilet, sink, and tub can be slowed down by accumulated gunk. Clogs can also lead to more severe damage such as pipe bursts. A professional plumber from a reputable company can clear your plumbing system of blockages quickly and safely using advanced technology and equipment. An expert can also efficiently assess the severity of any blockages that you are dealing with.
It can be difficult to determine the severity of the problem when you don’t have the tools to see through your home’s plumbing. An expert plumber will arrive for a drain cleaning service with all necessary tools on hand to improve drainage flow throughout your property.
Reason #2: Detect leaks early
A professional drain cleaning company will be able to inspect your drains for even the smallest pinhole leaks, and advise you of any potential issues during the drain cleaning exercise. One reason to trust a professional to do this is because they are able to detect potential problems before they become costly and expensive repairs for you.
Reason #3: Preventive maintenance
It’s not just important to book a drain cleaning service if you already have a blocked drain. It is always better to prevent potential problems from becoming costly and time-consuming. Routine drain cleaning from a true professional can help to keep your plumbing system in good working order and prevent any future blockages.
Reason #4: Protects floors from damage
What happens if you ignore the warning signs of a blocked drainage system? Leaky pipes and flooding can lead to extensive damage to your floors, ceilings, and walls. Unsightly water spots can be left on ceilings and walls by a leaking toilet or sink. If the flooding is severe enough, your flooring may need to be replaced. Booking a regular drain cleaning service with a trusted professional in New Orleans, LA will help prevent this from happening.
Reason #5: A better smelling home
Bad odors can be caused by clogged drains. Unfortunately, these unpleasant smells are often caused by blockages in your pipes that are difficult to remove without professional assistance. A professional plumber will quickly find and remove any stench-producing debris from your drains. This will leave you with a cleaner, fresher home.
Primary Causes of Clogged Drains
Although it may seem like a small problem, clogged drains can quickly become a major issue. Clogged drains can lead to slow drainage, flooding, corrosion and even sewage backup. An improper drain cleaning service can also result in expensive, time-consuming repairs that infringe on your daily routines. Recognizing the root causes of blocked drains is key to preventing them from happening. Here is a list of common reasons that drainage system blockages and clogs can occur:
- Soap buildup. Over time, soap scum can build up on your pipes’ interior walls, eventually blocking your pipes.
- Hair. Hair can also build up over time, causing clogs.
- Grease and oils. Oil and fats can stick to pipes and make it difficult for water to flow freely, which is why most experts recommend disposing of them outside your plumbing system.
- Paper towels and flushable wipes. Some paper types are difficult to dissolve and can block drains. It is best to avoid flushing items such as feminine hygiene products, cotton swabs, paper towels, and ‘flushable’ wipes.
- Toys and jewelry. It’s not unusual for children to flush toys down the toilet. These unexpected items can block your drains.
- Mineral buildup. If you have hard water, mineral deposits can build up on your pipes’ interior walls, causing corrosion and clogs.
- Bad plumbing workmanship. If your drainage system was not installed properly, it could have weak points that are waiting to collapse and cause blockages.
- Broken pipes. Cracks, leaks and breaks in pipes can lead to clogs. A drain cleaning service can highlight if there are any such issues in your home’s plumbing.
- Tree roots. Tree roots love to get into your pipes to take advantage of the water and nutrients found there. They can cause serious blockages if they get into your system.
Signs that you need a professional to clean your drains:
Slower drainage is one of the most obvious signs that your drains are clogged. Is your bathtub or sink draining slower than usual? Does your dishwasher or washing machine still have water inside after a finished cycle? This is not only inconvenient, but a sign that there is something wrong with your home’s drainage. A professional drain cleaning service can locate and clear any blockages so that your appliances return to normal functionality.
The smell of sewage is another obvious sign that a drain is clogged. Clogged drains can lead to sewage accumulating and rotting in the pipes. It’s important to get help quickly if you suspect that your New Orleans, LA home has a sewage buildup.
Fruit and Drain Flies:
Flies are attracted to waste and other sewage that builds up in your drains. Fruit flies can pose a risk to your health if they infiltrate your food and kitchen. The drain fly likes to live in septic tanks and sewers. You should arrange a drain cleaning service if you notice an accumulation of fruit or drain flies.
Drains can make strange sounds if they are blocked. When drains clog, the water has to pass through tiny spaces or change its course. You may hear strange bubbling or gurgling sounds.
If you notice any of the above, don’t hesitate to contact bluefrog Home Services of New Orleans and book a professional drain cleaning service.